Lagos State New Towns Develoment Authority...developing New Towns with Functional Infrastructure.
The Development Control and Monitoring Unit was established under the Department of Town Planning Services, later became an Independent Unit under the supervision of the current General Manager on January, 2020. And the responsibility of the Unit comprises of the following;
1. To keep conducting a continuous Monitoring on all the Government Schemes within the State.
2. To identify any illegal structure or development within the Government Schemes and report accordingly for further directives and action
3. To serve notices on any identified illegal development within the schemes
4. To act as development control on all Government schemes in terms of removal & clearing of shanties, squatters and vendors within the Government schemes
5. To provide security back up for Government allottees within Government schemes.
6. To monitor the activities of illegal sand miners and dredging activities within the Government schemes.